1. Unlike me and you, they actually make wrinkles look good.
2. They literally sleep all day, everyday…
3. They are so easy to love that you’ll disown your family and leave everything to them. (cough cough my mom)
4. The INSANE amount of snoring that one bulldog produces prepares you to be able to sleep through an F5 tornado that was somehow caused by an explosion at the house across the street.
5. Mom just vacuumed and you spilled food in the living room? So what! Just call your bulldog and it will gladly eat up anything that accidentally hit the floor..
6. Their major underbites. Now if that isn’t the cutest thing in the world….
7. They “can” be lap dogs. Emphasis on can… Females can weight up to 50 lbs, and males can weight up to about 55-60 lbs. So just be prepared for when they sneak up on you and jump on your lap because you might loose feeling in your legs.
8. Okay, so they might not be a preferred lap dog. But they will snuggle better that any other snuggle buddy you’ll ever have.
9. They are worth the medical bills. If all bulldogs are like mine, there will be something new wrong with them every month. My bulldog accidentally scratched his eye which I guess somehow caused a stomach ulcer. If putting eye drops in and getting him to eat the pill and not just the peanut butter it is lathered in doesn’t help build a bond, I don’t know what would.
10. They easily become part of the family. Whether that be tagging along to sporting events or road trips. They do it all or I like to think of it as my replacement since I’m at college for eight months.
11. Your friends will love them as much as you do. Being at college, it’s easy to find people who love dogs as much as you do and when you find those people, it’s easy to brag about each others dog. And after talking about your dogs together, they love them as much as you do.
12. Your food is “their food”. I could be sitting on the couch just eating a bowl of easy mac and next thing you know; they are right there. So if you ever get full but have food left, they’ll gladly take it off your hands.
13. They probably average 5-10 minutes of energy and then just call it quits. So about the equivalence to the average college kid. Perfect match.
14. Last but not least… the adorable tongue…
Now that you have heard my reasons why owning a bulldog will be the best thing to ever happen to you, I hope you consider these beautiful dogs. They may look tough and scary because their faces look smashed in and they probably have bigger muscles than you and I put together, but they’ll be nothing short of amazing. They may even surprise you and be scared of little everything like mine is: doorbells, brooms, boxes, and wrapping paper. Their bark is worse than their bite if they ever even bark. Plus, who wouldn’t want one of the top skateboard riding dogs?